Amazon Prime Day 2019 is less than three weeks away, with the date being officially announced to be on both July 15 and 16. Preparations for Amazon’s massive 48-hour event can never start too early, though. If you’ve been hoping to find some excellent Echo or Google Home discounts, smartphone sales, Apple price cuts, 4K TV deals, or just about everything in between, Prime Day is going to be your best bet this summer — though 4th of July sales are a definitely worth a peak. While Black Friday and Cyber Monday are still two of the best times to find deep discounts, Prime Day offers a better chance for people to buy gifts for themselves instead of others. Like Singles Day, it’s the ultimate “treat your self” retail event.
We’ve been taking a look at the best discounts from previous Prime Days to give you our predictions of what to expect this year. So before you buy that Echo or Kindle at full price, read on to learn more about Prime Day 2019 and our predictions for the best deals. We may not know what exactly will happen during this 2-day event, but we have a pretty good idea of what it could look like this year.
AMAZON PRIME DAY 2019: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Amazon Prime Day 2019 kicks off at midnight on Monday, July 15 and ends on July 16.
- This will be the longest Prime Day yet at 48 hours in length.
- You need to be an Amazon Prime Member to get access to the best deals.
- The best deals will likely be on Amazon devices, 4K TVs, and smartwatches.
- Walmart and Best Buy will also likely have discounts on Prime Day 2019.
BEST AMAZON DEALS BEFORE PRIME DAY
Amazon Prime Day isn’t here yet, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t deals still floating around. We’ve gathered some of the best pre-Prime Day Amazon deals you can take advantage of right now to satisfy your Prime hunger for savings.
- Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case — $180 ($19 off)
- Bose QuietComfort 25 — $180 (down $165)
- Powerbeats 3 — $100 (down $100)
- August Smart Lock + Connect, Satin Nickel — $179 ($41 off)
- GoPro Hero 5 Black — $270 (130 off)
- Huawei Watch 2 Sport — $250 ($50 off)
- Apple Watch Series 3 GPS — $199 ($80 off)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Unlocked 64GB — $449 ($151 off)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlocked 64GB — $415 ($175 off)
- Ring Alarm 5-piece kit with Echo Dot and Philips Hue 2-Bulb Kit – Alexa Guard bundle — $249 ($70 off)
WHEN IS PRIME DAY 2019?
The once one-day event is slated to span a whole 48 hours, with the best deals beginning as early as midnight on Monday, July 15, and carrying on through July 16. With millions of deals in countries all around the world, this will be the longest Prime Day we’ve seen so far.
Last year, Prime Day officially began at 3 p.m. on July 16 and stretched on through midnight on July 17. However, if you start to factor in all of the lead-up deals and sales the retailer pushes, that start date landed somewhere around the beginning of the month. Considering this shopping holiday has continued to grow in popularity, it wouldn’t be all that surprising to see some of the better Prime deals start happening after the 4th of July.
WHAT TIME DO AMAZON PRIME DAY DEALS START?
The first couple Prime Days began early in the morning for anyone on the east coast, but the start times have changed since then. We don’t know really know when the 2019 iteration of this sale will kick-off, but if it follows the same pattern as previous years, it’s highly likely it will begin as early as 12 p.m. ET on that Monday. Here is a quick glance at previous Prime Days:
- Wednesday, July 15 (2015) — Started at 2:59 a.m. ET.
- Tuesday, July 12 (2016) – Started at 2:59 a.m. ET.
- Monday, July 10 (2017) – Started at 9 p.m. ET and ran for 30 hours.
- Monday, July 16 (2018) – Started at 3 p.m. ET and ran for 36 hours.
- Monday, July 15 (2019) – Will start at 3 a.m. ET and run a full 48 hours
PRICE PREDICTIONS FOR ECHO, RING, FIRE TV, AND KINDLE DEVICES
Prime Day is mostly well known for having steep discounts on its flagship devices, and 2019 isn’t going to be an exception to that. Even with all of the hype around a Prime Day Taylor Swift concert, these Alexa device deals are what you need to keep your eye on. Here are some price comparisons between 2018 and right now. You can expect Amazon to match or lower their prices even further this year…..Read More>>